cwm release three
Niels Provos <email@example.com>, Martin Murray <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Dimitris Economou <email@example.com> & Antti Nykänen <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
cwm is a window manager initially inspired by evilwm. It developed out of modifications to evilwm, but eventually the code base of evilwm did not accomodate well for the new features added. So calmwm was written from scratch.
Its main goal is to be as efficient as possible, while providing a very clean, simple & attractive aesthetic.
cwm has several novel features, including the ability to search for windows.
HIGHLIGHTS IN RELEASE TWO
- Improved alt-tabbing, including the ability to reverse cycle.
- Display of a context menu when alt-tabbing, showing the previous, current and next window in the cycle order.
- Much improved ranking in search.
- In search-menus, the ability to list every item.
HIGHLIGHTS IN RELEASE THREE
- More search ranking improvements
- Many contributions by Antti Nykänen: keyboard binding "i18n", show window labels in minimized window menu, automatic window grouping, MWM hints support & some bug fixes.
- Xft support & the addition of the -f flag (see manpage).
See the manpage cwm(1).
cwm is distributed under a BSD like license. Feel free to use, modify and distribute in any form. See the LICENSE file for more information.