Author : Guillaume Leclanche (Mo-Ize) <email@example.com>
Version : 2.0 beta 1
Date : 08 Feb 2003
MapMarkers is a simple set of perl modules and a C program; it aims at creating maps with markers.
- Freetype2 library (required by GD2)
- Any Unix: http://www.freetype.org/
- Debian: apt-get install libttf2
- GD library (GD 2)
- Any Unix: http://www.boutell.com/gd/
- Debian: apt-get install libgd2
- Perl GD module
- Any Unix: perl -MCPAN -e 'install GD'
- Debian: apt-get install libgd-gd2-perl
To install MapMarkers, just compile the overlap.c file, which is very easy, since a Makefile is provided, just type "make". Compiling it under other OS should also be very easy (just name the executable file "overlap"). Then you need to create a perl script to generate maps, see example.pl to know how to proceed.
NOTE: GD2 has been chosen to replace imlib2 in the 2.0 version. NOTE: If you want to give me the names of the packages needed for other
distributions than Debian GNU/Linux, do it ;-)
This programm has been really inspired by two programs:
- xplanet (http://xplanet.sourceforge.net). Author: I have reused xplanet's overlap correction algorithm, and have ported it to C (which makes it quite faster than the C++ xplanet corrector).
- Image::WorldMap (http://www.astray.com/WorldMap/) Author: Léon Brocard The module API comes from this perl module.
A font is provided together with this program:
- fixed_01.ttf This font has been created by the Orgdot team, and is open source licensed. See http://www.orgdot.com/aliasfonts/.